Interesting Factoids About Tesla
At Premier Coach Auto Collision, we are extremely proud to be a Tesla Certified body shop. That means we have the equipment, tools, training and knowledge needed to repair these incredible vehicles. If you’ve ever had the opportunity to drive a Tesla, you know that they are world-class vehicles at the cutting-edge of technology.
Tesla is nothing short of a miracle, in many ways. Just when everyone thought that the electric car was dead, entrepreneur Elon Musk brought it back in a big way.
Founded back in 2003, the Tesla brand is now well-known for offering some of the most appealing EVs on the planet.
If you are thinking about investing in your very own Tesla, now is the time to educate yourself about a few fast facts about the car brand – right here, right now!
- Teslas are seriously fast! If you are searching for a mega-fast electric vehicle, then you need look no further than the amazing Tesla Roadster 2020. It has the current world record for the fastest electric car thus far – able to reach 100-110 mph in just 4.2 seconds, and can achieve over 250 mph at max thrust.
- Tesla parts probably won’t ever need replacing. Tesla cars are developed to be primarily regenerative. That means, thanks to the cutting-edge braking mechanism and rechargeable battery, you are unlikely to ever need to replace any common bits and pieces for your vehicle. In fact, it’s rare that you’ll ever need to repair anything beyond the wheels!
- Tesla came to prominence back in 2006. Tesla really began getting public attention in 2006, but they’ve actually been around since 2003. It was in 2006 when the company first revealed the Roadster, their landmark vehicle that’s continuing to turn heads.
- Elon Musk isn’t the founder of Tesla. While Elon Musk is most certainly the ‘face’ of the Tesla brand, he did not actually create the company. It was founded by two brainiacs named Marc Tarpenning and Martin Eberhard. However, Musk was on their board as Chairman of Tesla as early as 2004, having invested in the company, and since then he has become Tesla’s full CEO.
- There’s a Tesla Roadster in space. Seriously? It’s true! If you were following the news in February 2018, you might remember there were a few photos of an astronaut dummy ‘driving’ a Tesla Roadster around the Earth’s orbit. The photos are totally real – as Musk’s other firm, SpaceX, had a hand in sending ‘Starman’ into orbit. You can track Starman here!
- Tesla’s name is important to the brand. Tesla is named after Nikola Tesla, who was an inventor who competed against another inventor named Thomas Edison. Tesla invented the teslacoil and what would become modern AC electrics, but Edison got the attention for his light bulb.
- Teslas will go on for miles and miles. The average Tesla should drive for a minimum of 240 miles on its standard battery, with 310 miles available in their long-range battery series.
- Tesla’s well-known safety protocols are very strict. Tesla’s vehicles are noted for being some of the safest in the world. In fact, CEO Elon Musk has outwardly claimed that the Model 3 is by far THE safest car on the road.
- Tesla has a ‘dog mode’. Tesla is well-known for its smart onboard enhancements. One of the most popular ones is their ‘dog mode’, where you can automatically set cabin air quality to better suit your canine. In addition, you can set announcement features to warn people nearby that a dog is on board!
About Premier Coach Auto Collision Group
Premier Coach was founded in 1987 when Owner Cliff Sullivan opened the doors at its Thousand Oaks, CA location. In 2009, he opened the company’s second shop in Camarillo, CA. With literally thousands of satisfied customers over the years, Premier is a one-of-a-kind collision repairer.
By spraying Spies Hecker and using BMW Color Systems, in addition to using today’s leading tools, equipment, and products, Premier continually receives 5-star reviews for its quality and follow-through. With some of the world’s most coveted OE certifications, including BMW, Infiniti, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Acura, Jaguar, Land Rover, Tesla, Ford, General Motors, Nissan, Honda, Subaru, KIA, and Lexus, Premier is a world-class company.
“At Premier Coach, we are a family that puts the needs of our guests as our top priority. Our business has continued to grow and excel, and that’s due to the amazing team members we have here. I couldn’t do it without them!” ~ Cliff Sullivan/Owner
We are 100% committed to your health and safety, so ask us about our Touchless approach to customer service during and before we repair your vehicle.